Art Journaling in a Traveler's Notebook

Since getting into a Traveler's Notebook, I've wanted to do an art journal. I've been doing some travel journaling during my holidays in Alaska and Las Vegas. I didn't use to take all the free stuff such as maps, magazines, and such that they have for the tourists, but I've changed my tune since then. We were in Denali at check-in. If you haven't been to Denali National Park, it is quite remote. When you arrive at check-in, they suggest you have enough water and food since there are no stores to visit within the park. So, I grabbed every free item at check-in to supply my travel journal.

Going back to the art journal, I haven't done it regularly since the first of the year. I've been quite stressed lately since my thesis hasn't moved out of the revision process and the deadline is coming up pretty quickly if I wanted to graduate in May. Doing some art journalling keeps me calm and my head sane, so I've decided to get a little done.

This week, I'm doing a little bit of journaling with the intent of using my scrapbook supplies. I have quite a bit of washi tape, stickers, scrapbook paper, and such that I resolved this year to use up my supplies before purchasing any more. Also, I'm going to a two-day crop at the local scrapbook store, so the art journal would be a good thing to work on while I'm there.

I created the two pages in this journal as a simple theme. The first page, I decided on a teal and brown color scheme. It's centered around the topic of encouragement. I created this page so I can refer back to it whenever I'm feeling a bit panicky or stressed.



The second page is all about "destash my stash." I had bought some funky, vintage, 6x6 scrapbook paper and two washi tapes on an impulse buy three years ago, and I haven't used it at all. Thankfully, my cousin gave me a set of 12x12 scrapbook paper that somewhat matches what I have in my drawer. So why not use it in my art journal?



That's it for now. Stay creative and I'll see you guys soon in the next blog post!