Morning Skin Care Routine

Everyone has a different morning routine. Some wake up and go to the gym while others get their morning coffee first. Me? I start with skin care.

Taking care of our skin is an important thing regardless of age. Washing your face and moisturizing keeps it clean and hydrated.

For my morning facial care, I stick with the basics. I wash my face with a foaming facial cleanser. I use the Beauty 360 Clear Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser from CVS. It's inexpensive and works just as well as the expensive brands. After washing my face, I follow it with a refreshing toner. I've been using Boots Expert Gentle Refreshing Toner. I don't think they sell this anymore and I'm down to the last two ounces. It takes forever to use this toner. I go through quite a bit of facial cleansers before I can finish up a bottle of toner. After letting my skin absorb the toner, I finish with the Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Moisturizer.



I don't put on my makeup right away. Instead, I get dressed. This way, my skin absorbs the moisturizer.

Since I'm on winter break, I don't put makeup on. Instead, I apply a little bit of primer and a light layer of Bare Minerals Pro Foundation Powder in Camel. I would have gotten it in my skin tone, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I found it at TJ Maxx for $10. Since my tan from this summer is almost faded out, this foundation will still give me that tanned look.

However, when I'm going to work, I wear something completely different. Instead, I wear Rimmel's Lasting Finish Foundation in Sand and set it with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I do have a lot of makeup, so I alternate what I wear. On certain days, I wear my Bare Minerals Golden Medium 14 Original Loose Powder Foundation. For my eyeshadow, I stay with the brown tones. I can't show up to teach class wearing bold colored eyeshadows.

Recently, my mom purchased the Ellen Tracy Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette for me while we were at TJ Maxx. I love bargain shopping! I've used this eyeshadow palette during Christmas. Most likely, I will incorporate this into my Morning Routine -- that is if I'm at home, my eyelids will stay sans eyeshadow. It's always good to give your skin a break from all the chemicals and even minerals from makeup. Letting it breathe is a good thing.

Toodles!