Product Review: Finishing Touch's Flawless Brows

I'm one of those people who doesn't religiously pluck her eyebrows. I'm just not a fan of plucking those micro hairs one by one. For starters, they hurt and sometimes, when you do pluck a hair out, there is a chance of bleeding.   Not only that, it takes forever to pluck and shape. So, for the ease and speed, I visit the salon to get my eyebrows shaped and waxed. However, whenever you visit a salon to get your brows waxed, you are at the mercy of the person waxing it.

I've once made a mistake of getting an eyebrow wax at a local nail salon. Instead of a girl who understands the importance of eyebrow shape, I got a guy who spent his time outside smoking, which should have been my cue to decline. Unfortunately, I was with a friend whose sister-in-law worked in the shop. I couldn't say no. I didn't want to be rude.

The guy instantly waxed my brows without brushing them into place, trimming them, and looking at my arch. Instead, he waxed them into a straight line. My eyebrows looked like American Pie's Eugene Levy, except thinner. Since then, I made sure I went to the same salon I cut my hair. They've never failed me.

The thing about waxing is that you'd have to visit at least once or twice a month. That's about $14 a month, $168 a year, not including tip. When Finishing Touch came out with their Flawless Brows, I wanted to get one. At the time of the release, it wasn't sold anywhere else but on their website. When Bed, Bath and Beyond began to carry the Finishing Touch line, I used a 20% coupon to get it.



Flawless Brows is discreet and compact. You wouldn't even know that it's a hair removal tool. It looks like a pen and feels like a pen. The instructions on how to use the tool were simple. You have to move in a circular motion while pulling your skin taut.



Moving in a circular motion is quite tricky when removing hair from your brow area. There's not much room. Plus, pulling your skin taut in the eye area is a no-no. According to the many skin care and make-up gurus out there, doing that causes premature fine lines and wrinkles. This is what my brows (or brow) looked like before. Forgive my under-eye circles. It didn't wear any makeup and I took the photo at night. You can see that I've let my brows unkempt for the purpose of this post.


I didn't follow the instructions to the letter. By using it in a circular motion away from your brows and closer to the eyelid works as it removes the fine hairs in that area. One way you can shape your brows is slowly following your arch in reverse order or against the direction of hair growth. You don't have to move it in a circular motion, but you have to work slow. Up close, you can see that it didn't take off all the hairs, but no one is going to scrutinize how much hair is left as long as your brows don't look like a caveman's.



Overall, I am happy with this product. For me, it's a little overpriced for what it is. But if you use a coupon, it's worth it. For $18 (plus tax), I saved a lot of trips to the salon to get my brows waxed and anxiety.

Toodles!