What's In My Bag (Work Edition 2019)

I fully admit that I love watching YouTube videos of "What's In My Bag." I did several of those posts in my blog between the years of 2006 and 2009 in my old blog hosted on Vox. So, I figured I'd do another one of these posts.



I'm usually a small bag kind of person. I used to carry big bags -- I brought with me everything but the kitchen sink. I have since learned the minimalist route. Now, I wear a small crossbody bag that held my wallet, a wristlet that contained the essentials: eyedrops, lipstick, plaster (bandaids), solid perfume/fragrance, car keys, and my iPhone. But for work, I have to carry more than that.
 
I'm a history professor at a local community college, which means, carrying a small bag is not an option. So for my work bag, I chose my Tommy Bahama's black tote bag. I pretty much put everything I need for the workday in this bag. I absolutely love it because it's light and it comes with a small organizer. This bag is so big that I can stuff with as much stuff as I can, but I don't since heavy purses can cause back problems.



In this bag, I carry my iPad, wallet, student papers, charger, earbuds, eyedrops, lipstick, plaster, solid fragrance, a packet of tissues, agenda/diary, USB drive, car keys, and iPhone XS Max (not pictured). I also put my lunch and water bottle in this bag. But when I'm not at work, I carry a smaller bag.