Sushi Fun Digitals

For the last month, I've been working on some digital images/stamps to sell on Etsy. It wasn't easy. First, I drew the images straight on my iPad Pro using the Apple Pencil. As much as I would like it to work out, it didn't. The images didn't turn out as good as I wanted it. I've finally decided on taking out my sketching pencils and draw on paper, then vectorize the images. I'm pleased with how it worked out.






So in this blog post, I'm featuring the "Sushi Fun" Digitals in my creative art journal.

In this creative journal, I used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Twisted Citron. I just dabbed it around the edges using my fantastic inexpensive blending tool: a round cotton pad. I have so many of those things after finding them at Costco. You can never have enough of those things.


I wanted to make the journal simple since it's all about the "Sushi Fun" digitals. I used a sheet of origami paper I bought at Oto's Japanese Supermarket. I cut it down to size and adhered it using my Tombow Adhesive Dot Runner. After I've written down my thoughts on this set on the origami paper, I started gluing down those digital sets.

I've resized the digitals using a word processing program. I'm very familiar with Apple's Pages but recently acquired Microsoft Word through my university. I'm not sure how it will work on Word, but seeing that it worked on Pages, I'm confident that it will. All the images are created using 300 DPI have a transparent background. I'm also going to make a colored version of the digitals available.

Needless to say, I'm am ecstatic. If you want the latest up to date news on when this set will go live on Etsy, follow me on Instagram and Twitter.