I've Moved: Traveler's Notebook Bliss

Two years ago I found planner peace in the form of the Happy Planner. It all started when I purchased a discounted Happy Planner in March and fell in love with it. However, after using it for 9 months, I found that it was too big to lug around in my bag and when the mini Happy Planner came into my life, the classic for me was a thing of the past. What I loved about it was that it was still small to carry around in my bag and unlike the Filofax, which I absolutely swore on, I just have my calendar and unlikely to customize, add more inserts, decorate the plain pages since the pages are already colorful.

After having gone to Alaska for three weeks with my DIY Traveler's notebook and DIY notebook inserts, I wanted to keep journalling that I headed off to Joann's Fabrics prior to going to Las Vegas for my birthday and picked up a Webster's Pages Traveler's Notebook, which is a lot sturdier than my rickety DIY leather traveler's notebook. The selling point: the pockets!



Needless to say, I've gone down that rabbit hole. My 2018 Mini Happy Planner is sitting on the desk unused (until I transfer/add my appointments from my TN to it) my Webster's Pages Traveler's Notebook is sitting snug and cozy in my bag.


I further down the rabbit hole and purchased accessories for it. I've bought a zip pouch and several different notebooks as well. I've also started an art journal after having a traveler's notebook in the attempt to use up all my scrap pieces of scrapbook paper.



The Traveler's Notebook is so versatile and customizable to your needs. Unlike the Filofax, you really don't have that many options of inserts and if you want to take a section out, it's loose leaf, so storing that section is a bit challenging. With a traveler's notebook, if you don't want a particular insert, you simply take it out and file it away on your bookshelf like you would a regular book or notebook. A Filofax insert can't do that. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Filofaxes, but I've outgrown them. I'm totally in love with the Webster's Pages Traveler's Notebook.

What I love the most is that I can put as many notebooks and as little as I want in it. For my daily set-up, I have three inserts. A Webster's Pages undated planner (much to my chagrin, I missed my dated Happy Planner), a Plan Notebook from Michaels (It has sections for Things To Do, Phone Calls, E-Mail, Errands, etc.) and a Brain Dump notebook. 

Since I'm going on another holiday, I have an idea what I'm bringing with me in my Traveler's Notebook. I will be bringing the planner insert, blank notebook inserts (where I'm going to travel journal), travel insert (from Michaels), and the Brain Dump Notebook.

Aloha!